Sunday, June 12, 2011

Aqua Park

A few months ago, we got a new indoor swimming pool in our city. This was big, exciting news for us. One of the requirements to be able to swim there was children had to be potty trained. Well, now that Asher is potty trained it was time to go to the pool. Reed took him this morning. It was a father/son event because men and women swim separately here. There are men's hours and women's hours. A reminder of how different this culture is from mine. They do not offer family hours. At first, this was a huge disappointment to me. I've come to terms with it now, and was insistent that I still wanted Reed to take Asher even if Urban and I couldn't go with.

Asher had a blast. Reed said he was pretty scared at first, which is typical for Asher when trying something new. He went down the water slide with Reed, blew bubbles in the water and loved to splash around.

Here is Asher: (another pool requirment: swim caps!)





I don't know how often we'll use this pool, but I am thankful that its here and Asher can get some experience in the water. Some good news is that a worker there today informed Reed that I could bring Asher sometime on a women's day since he is so young. So I may take a turn and go with Asher sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the peek into your culture! Very different from ours, of course. I can't believer Asher is already potty-trained, but I suppose he will be 3 soon! (already?! Where did time go?!). I love his little swim cap - he looks like a professional swimmer. :)

    ReplyDelete