Thursday, May 13, 2010

Afiyet Olsun!

This phrase is used when a dish is served to you by a Turkish cook. There really isn't an English translation, but it is kind of like "Bon Appetit". Our neighbors brought us over fish tonight for supper. I really like fish and would make it several times a month in the states.....but I always bought it from Fareway cooked, cleaned, and you never saw the head!



I have to say it is a little creepy to see the eyes and teeth of this fish as you are eating it!


I would really like to learn how to cook fish here, but I'm a little hesitant, because I really might get grossed out having to clean the fish prior to cooking. All in all, we enjoyed our supper and I was especially thankful, because it meant no cooking for me tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment