Monday, December 20, 2010

In Our Neck of the Woods....

here's a few things you might see.....
Around every corner there seems to be a small market that sells fresh bread. Often they are in a cabinet like this one sitting outside. We have one right next to our apartment and it has proven to be quite handy when we need something quick. Behind the bread cabinet is a home. I'm not sure if you can tell, but there is writing in spray paint on the front of the house saying that the house is for sale. I've seen this on a few different places. I find it a very interesting way to market your house.


The Bazaar: Tons of stuff and it's cheap. A place I frequent off and on when I'm looking for a good deal. You can usually bargain with the sellers.


Lots of scarves: I like them and they are really cheap here. The bazaar is a great place to find them.
Cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and various cheeses served with bread is a common breakfast.

A fabric shop displaying their colorful fabrics.
Ruins of old houses and buildings are often left. This picture was taken outside our back balcony.
....and another sight you might see as of late is my son drinking tea! A staple to the Turkish diet here! Asher loves it!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic of Asher! I also love all the updates and learning so much about your home! I can't believe you guys have been gone for 1 1/2 years already!

    ReplyDelete