Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Rooms

In preparation for our second child coming shortly we have transitioned Asher to a new room and a bigger bed. Recently we got a duvet cover, rug, and curtains for his room so it is a little bit more decorated.

For the past month I have been looking for material to have a duvet cover and curtains made for his room. There isn't a convenient Target or similar store to look for such things. Sometimes finding things you want here is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Bright colors are very popular here and I had a hard time finding anything toned down. So this what I found for Asher. BRIGHT GREEN!



It really does look cute, but I have to say that the curtains were a bit brighter hanging up than when I looked at the material in the store. I walked in his room this morning, with the sun shining through, and seriously thought I needed sunglasses on in there!

If you're wondering, the bench like thing in front of the window, is the box spring part of Asher's bed. He isn't quite big enough to get on and off yet so we have his mattress on the floor for now, which he loves!



Here is my makeshift nursery/guest room. No major nursery decorating. We are just using the pack n play we brought, but got a small dresser and rocker for the room. In the process we got a guest bed in preparation for our parents coming in the next few months. So if you are ever in the area (ha ha) we have comfy accomodations. We will even move the baby out of the room for you during your stay. :)





1 comment:

  1. Looks great, Rach! I especially like the black & white rug in the guest room. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete