Sunday, March 14, 2010

Our New Grocery Service

For the past 8 months we've gotten groceries at a local grocery store about 5 minutes from us by walking. We are thankful that one is so close, because we walk to get our groceries and bring back only as much as we can carry. I've gotten better at gaging, by looking in my cart, when I need to stop and go pay. It is not really convenienent to have to walk all your groceries home and in fact there have been plenty of times where half way home I wondered what I was thinking trying to carry this much.

The past few months Reed has been the pack mule, mainly because he can just carry more and I stay home with Asher.

Well, a new service came to our city!!! Seriously, I could not be more excited. We got a flyer a few weeks ago advertising that a local grocery store now had online grocery shopping and home delivery. And the best part is that it is a FREE service. We give them a small tip when they arrive though.

So the past three weeks, I've ordered all of my groceries, (minus produce and meat) for the WHOLE week and the grocery service has brought my heavy bags to my door within two hours. It has saved time and the pain of hauling the really heavy stuff all the way home. It has also made going out and getting my meat and produce a much more enjoyable and easier experience. I can handle carrying home two bags!


Asher is shocked at the convenience of our new grocery service!


The grocery prices have been fairly comparable to other store prices, so it seems to be a pretty good deal. They don't always have everything I want, but for the most part I've been able to find quite a bit of the basics I need each week.

It has been a huge convenience, which I can't always use that word when referring to where I live! And today I can say I got groceries in my pajamas!! ( I had Reed answer the door).

We are quite progressive in our city, I have to say! :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Supposedly we have a similar service but the website is not in English. We live on a hill, so we would definitely appreciate figuring that out! Hope all is well with you. We think of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is awesome!!! I have often wished for a service like that here, and I don't even have to carry my groceries all the way home...I must just be lazy. :)

    ReplyDelete