Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Better than Mrs. Butterworth's

I have to say I have never thought of myself as a great cook or one that likes to make things from scratch. But these days, I'm learning to improvise and try new things. So I tried my hand at making my own pancake syrup since that is not available here. It really wasn't that hard and we enjoyed pancakes a couple of mornings this week.



The best part (and another incentive to keep making it) is the cute bottle I found to store my syrup. :)


2 comments:

  1. that sounds really good! You should post the recipe! the bottle is super cute too! so happy/glad to hear of your adventures and daily living there. miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maple Syrup

    1 3/4 c. white sugar
    1/4 c. brown sugar
    1 c. water
    Bring to a boil, cover and cook 1 min, cool slightly
    Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 tsp. maple flavoring

    ReplyDelete