Thursday, February 10, 2011

Enjoying a Banana

Urban is enjoying his first taste of banana. I'm reading a book called "Baby-Lead Weaning", which has a different philosophy on feeding your baby than the typical pureed food method. The idea is to start right away with table food (very simple, natural foods). Your baby will start off just experimenting with it, but start eating it on their timetable not the parents. I got kind of burnt out with pureeing Asher's baby food and find it may be easier for me to just incorporate Urban into our meal times with some simple things that he can try. We will see how it goes. I may still incorporate some purees. The book did say to plan for a mess in the beginning. I can attest that today was a mess! But Urban absolutely loved it! I wish I would have gotten a picture after he had finished. Banana everywhere!

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read that book! Looking forward to hearing more about how it goes for Urban!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking the same thing with Callum. I didn't do a whole lot of purees with the others, and have tried a little with Callum, but he doesn't care much for food so far. Yesterday I gave him a banana and that went over a little better. The idea sounds good to me and really, pureed food can get just as messy, so why not let them do it themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine just mentioned this book to me the other day. She is going through it with her daughter, who is a few weeks older than Aaron. She said her daughter has been eating a banana and toast for breakfast with the family. How fun! :) Urban is such a little stud-muffin! :)

    ReplyDelete