Sunday, October 31, 2010

Urban's Turkish Hospital Outfit

When babies are born here, mothers buy these outfit sets that come with multiple pieces for the baby to wear in the hospital. Usually included is a hat, pants, multiple shirts for layering, mittens, and a bib. There are many different styles and colors available, but no matter the season they are always long sleeved apparel. Mothers dress their babies very warmly here.

This was Urban's outfit. The outfit was a little large, so we actually only used the hat in the hospital when he was a newborn and it seemed a bit warm for him to wear all of this in July. It is perfect for the weather we are having now.

I often see clothes here with English writing on the front. It really makes me chuckle, because often times grammar is not correct or it just doesn't make sense. If you notice Urban's shirt, it says, "I hiding from my friends. We play." We have gotten a few good laughs out of this. Urban is cute, nonetheless, and this outfit will probably be one I save to remind me of Urban's birth here.


No comments:

Post a Comment